Darwin Analytics and BigCommerce Step-by-step Installation Guide
Install on BigCommerce
Before You Start
To add the Darwin tracking code to your BigCommerce website, you need to use https. If you don't have SSL, the Darwin tracking code won't work right. Here is their guide on installing an SSL certificate on BigCommerce.
Get Tracking Code
Login to Darwin's Dashboard and visit "Tracking Code" in the navigation.
Copy the tracking code HTML that you'll find there.
Visit BigCommerce Dashboard
Login to BigCommerce and go to "Storefront".
Add Custom Code
Go to "Script Manager" page.
Click "Create a Script" button.
Once there, run through the following:
- Type in "Darwin Analytics" into Name of Script
- Description can be anything or left blank.
- Select "Location on Page: Head"
- Choose "Select pages where script will be added: All Pages" method
- Select "Script Category: Analytics"
- Paste your tracking code inside the "Script Contents" textarea.
- Save Changes
Once you've saved your changes, you can verify your install on the Darwin dashboard.